Web App Notes
It uses Crosswalk, which is based on the Blink web client engine, which is derived from Chromium.
A good presentation that includes information about these items is from 2015 TDC (Tizen Developer's Conference): https://www.tizen.org/sites/default/files/event/z2_tdc15_creating_new_tizen_profiles_using_the_yocto_project.pdf
From the presentation, you can install, launch, kill and uninstall apps as following in Tizen 3:
- Install wgt file
- pkgcmd -i -t wgt -p <wgt file> -q
- List installed HTML5 applications (per user)
- app_launcher -l
- Launch HTML5 application in Crosswalk
- app_launcher -s <Application ID>
- Kill running HTML5 application
- app_launcher -k <Application ID>
- Uninstall application
- pkgcmd -u -q -n <package>
The HTML/JS/CSS for a sample application is about 24Kb.
Crosswalk 10 runtimee for Android (in an apk) is about 20Mb.
Installed, the application takes about 58Mb of disk space.
There is a package available from: https://download.01.org/crosswalk/releases/crosswalk/linux/deb/
You can run a crosswalk app with:
$ xwalk /path/to/app/manifest.json
get some samples from:
$ git clone https://github.com/crosswalk-project/crosswalk-samples.git